Adult News and Programs
Adult Materials and Downloads
Library Policies and Library Card Information
- Reference and Data Bases
- Learn a Language- Mango Languages
- Topic Guides
- Tax Forms
- Historic Newspapers
The Reference Collection includes a core selection of reference books, including dictionaries, atlases, encyclopedias, and a variety of other print reference tools. This collection is supplemented by the Central Reference Department at the Patchogue-Medford Library, and by Live-brary Research , a collection of professional, subscription databases available to you, anytime, both from in and outside the library.Please feel free to call our reference librarian anytime for help or to schedule an appointment.
The library maintains a variety of collections of interest to our patrons, including new fiction and non-fiction, bestsellers, mysteries, large print and oversize books. Our older fiction and nonfiction collections are continually weeded and updated for content and quality, while new books are purchased to keep the collections current and of interest to our patrons. Due to the small size of our building we are not able to house as many books as we would like, but we are happy to obtain for you through Interlibrary Loan any title available in Suffolk County and beyond.
In October of 1960 the library was given the Alan G. Bolt Memorial collection of Sailing & Seafaring books. Over the years this collection has been supplemented by books donated to and purchased by the library. It is identified in the online catalog as the “Sailing & Seafaring” collection, and the original Bolt books are identified by a special sticker, that indicates they are part of the original collection. These books are currently housed in our computer room.
The Long Island Collection is housed in the glass cabinets to the left of the fireplace in our main reading room. It contains a wide variety of materials pertaining to the history of Brookhaven, Bellport and Long Island. These items may be viewed in the library with permission from library staff.
Our computer room has 3 PCs and a printer available for use by library cardholders. These computers are connected to the internet and contain the full suite of Microsoft Office programs. The computers may be reserved in advance in person or by phone. The library also maintains a wireless internet (WiFi) connection that may be used from anywhere inside our building.
The library currently has several pre-loaded e- readers for circulation to our patrons. Each device circulates just like a book. The device may be re-newed. Requests for new titles are welcome.
- Domestic faxing is available for Suffolk County Library card holders who must present their Library card or acceptable proof of residency.
- There is no charge to send or receive faxes for Suffolk County Library Cardholders. Those living outside Suffolk County may send domestic faxes at a rate of $1.00 for up to and including 5 pages and an additional charge of $0.25 for every page thereafter.
- International faxing is available for all at a cost of $5.00 for up to 2 pages and $1.00 for each additional page thereafter.
- Patrons may also receive faxes on the library machine. Transmission is only available during normal business hours of operation. Photo identification is required to retrieve these documents.
- The fax machine will be closed 15 minutes prior to library closing.